Sunday, January 26, 2014

Blue Rockin' "Deep From The Heart"

(Crazy Love Records 2012)

Running High
Every Hour N' Every Minute
Bigmouth
Hate To Love You
Old Car
Temptation
I'm Gonna Leave You
Killer Depression Blues
Party In The Woods
Evil Vodka Shots
Made For Rock N Roll
Deep From The Heart

Blue Rockin' are another band that slipped through my radar. Given their name I thought they were a kind of bluesy authentic rockabilly band so totally ignored them. What a musical related faux pas that was. They are not what I expected at all. This is hard hitting dark neo rockabilly (bordering on psychobilly) and is a melodic onslaught on the auditory system with extremely catchy choruses to boot. There are more than a few songs that stand out which actually make me look forward to going back and playing them again. The singer sounds like a pissed up rockabilly pirate with his throat burned out from too much rum and I mean that in a good way. Many bands excel in a live setting when it comes to pure power but can't seem to catch that elusive component when it comes to studio albums. On this, the fourth release from Blue Rockin', power is order of the day. Listening to it raised my adrenaline from the comfort of my couch...and that's no easy task. The downside to all this is that now I feel compelled to buy their other three releases. Add that up and it's money I could have spent on a low class prostitute. Thanks a lot Blue Rockin'!!

The O'Prez 2012




No comments: